#Emmlaw NEWS: Many Feared Dead As Gunmen Storm Abuja (PHOTOS, VIEWERS DISCRETION)

A press release signed by the spokesperson of the State Security Service, Marilyn Ogar following shootings at the Apo Legislative Quarters has said, “in the early hours of today 20th September, 2013, about 0030 hours, a combined security team went for an operation behind the Apo legislative quarters.”

photo

“The operation was sequel to information obtained from two (2) Boko Haram elements Kamal ABDULLAHI and Mohammed ADAMU, who had earlier been arrested for terrorist activities. They led the security team to uncompleted buildings where arms were purported to have been buried underground.”

Ogar said, “No sooner had the team commenced digging for the arms, than they came under heavy gunfire attack by other Boko Haram elements within the area, which prompted immediate response from the security team. As a result, some persons were injured and twelve (12) others have been arrested in connection with the incident, and are making useful statements.”

According to the release, “Normalcy has returned to the area. Members of the public are advised to go about their normal businesses, as appropriate security measures have been placed to ensure the safety of citizens in the FCT.

“We want to reiterate the need for all Nigerians to be vigilant of their immediate environment and promptly report suspicious activities to security agencies. Our National security must remain the collective responsibility of all Nigerians,” she added.

photo

It was reported earlier that unknown gunmen dressed in military clothes, this morning, Friday September 20, stormed an uncompleted building at Legislator’s Quarters in Apo, Abuja, killing eight people.

DSP Altine Daniel, the police public relations officer in Abuja has confirmed the incident, saying that investigation is ongoing.

The incident was said to have occurred around 3:00am in an uncompleted building owned by an army general but was occupied illegally by truck pushers, scavengers and water vendors popularly known as ‘mai ruwa.’

photo

According to one eyewitness “those people living inside the building had been told to vacate the building on the orders of the Army General who owned the house but they refused to leave. It was unfortunate however, that some men in army uniform came in around midnight and opened fire on these innocent people.

Another eyewitness also said “I personally  counted eight dead bodies this morning in the pool of their blood, I saw bullets everywhere in the building .”
 
Some identity cards of the alleged “soldiers” (gunmen) were said to have been found at the scene.

Meanwhile the scene of the incident has been condoned off  by the men of State Security Service (SSS), soldiers and police.

Photos Below (Viewer Discretion Advised):

photo

photophotophoto

Advertisements

Author: Emmlaw

Nigerian, Black & Proud

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s